Pantone has just released it’s 2020 Color of the Year and it’s a good one. Are you excited? Today I’ll be telling you all about this amazing color and a few ways you can try to incorporate this color into YOUR home. Let’s get started.
Hey everyone, welcome back! It’s Cori with Monmouth County Dream Homes, at RE/MAX Central located right here in Marlboro Township. If you want to stay up to date on all things Monmouth County and Real Estate then you’re definitely going to want to subscribe to my YouTube Channel. You’re also going to want to hit the little bell icon so that you’re the first to know when my new videos are posted every single Monday!
Are you thinking about making any changes in your home or even redecorating a single room? Are you wondering if there is a way to add a bit of this new color of the year to your home?
As your local Monmouth County REALTOR®, I often get asked to help out a little preparing a home for sale. I always tell my clients if they are painting to keep the home neutral. But there is NO reason you can’t add a bit of color to your space. If you are thinking of either putting your home on the market this year, or just sprucing it up for your own enjoyment, why not start incorporating the 2020 color of the year!
At the end of this video, I will also share a list of a few home décor items in classic blue, that you may consider using in your home, So stick around!
So? What is the Pantone color of the year?
Pantone announced that its 2020 Color of the Year is Classic Blue, a shade reminiscent of the sky at dusk. Pantone describes it like this, “It’s a color that anticipates what’s going to happen next,”
Blue is a such a wonderful color. There are so many shades of blue that sometimes it can be almost impossible to pick just the right one.
At the end of this video, I will also share a list of a few home décor items in classic blue, that you may consider using in your home.
One of the easiest and most cost effective ways to update your home is by painting. It is crazy what changing paint colors can do to almost any room in your house. And because paint is such a non permanent thing, it’s a great way to stay up to date with current color trends in your home.
If you are thinking of making a few changes in your home this year, always refer to the top paint colors. You would be amazed at how much information you can find online. From top paint colors to actually coordinating colors throughout your house.
Now I will admit, I am a HUGE fan of the color blue, and especially this classic blue. But I’m not really sure about throwing this color on my walls, but i’m totally about adding a few accents and fun items here and there to give a “pop” of color. Bonus tip. DO NOT RUN OUT AND PURCHASE EVERYTHING YOU CAN POSSIBLY FIND IN CLASSIC BLUE. You don’t want to feel like you’re living in a blueberry! Here are few easy ideas you may want to think about if you are planning on adding a touch of the 2020 color of the year to home, or any other accent color for that matter!
- Let’s Start at the Front Door: Now you can be super daring and actually paint your front door a warm welcoming classic blue, but if you’re not willing to make such a drastic change, consider a fun welcoming front door mat. Add a few terracotta flower pots accented in blue as well for a warm and welcoming feel
- Family room: This is such a fun room to add in a splash of color. You add as much or as little of an accent color as you’d like. One place I would definitely start is an area rug and or throw pillows. I am obsessed with pillows and I would love to have to head out and hunt for some new ones in a specific color theme. How about some wall art or candles? There is SO much you can do if you want to add a new color into a room.
- In the Kitchen: Think about the fun you can have in the kitchen. How about adding some colorful cookware or bold window treatment. You can display bright linens and add a fun area rug. The list for the kitchen goes on and on.
- In the Bedroom: Who doesn’t love new and fun bedding? What color is your bedding now? Would you be open to changing it all up? Or a bedroom is a perfect place to be a little bold and put some color on your walls. Not sure about painting them all? Why not do an accent wall? If changing your bedding is too much, maybe you could just use a throw blanket or a few accent pillows? Again, the sky is the limit when it comes to adding a pop of color in your bedroom.
- In the Bathroom: Bathrooms are a really easy way to incorporate a splash of color. Most bathrooms are pretty neutral so it leaves you open to almost anything. Why not just use some cute hand towels or a colored liquid soap?
- Outside: I LOVE decorating outside. I think shopping for this decor is so much fun. If you’re lucky you’ll have a great store near you that changes up the outside decor depending on the seasons. Grab a
- few colored pots and plant some flowers. If you have seating outdoors they make adorable pillows. How about some serving pieces in a classic blue? If you have a hobby lobby near you, they have a whole section dedicated to these items!
As I mentioned at the start of this video, I have compiled a list of some home decor that you could order, for your home, today. If you’re interested in grabbing a copy, simply click here!
See YOU, next Monday!